My Younique kit came in the mail yesterday and I already knew before I even opened the box what I wanted: My lip exfoliator and liquid lipstick.
I LOVVVEEE lip exfoliators/moisturizers/balms, etc. and I was really curious about the sugar scrub aspect of the Moodstruck Lip Exfoliator. Let me just tell you: it’s my favorite Younique product so far. I am fairly addicted to chapsticks — I hate having dry lips and I usually always have a moisturizer on. But this sugar scrub has changed the game. Let me tell you why:
- It exfoliates without feeling like you’re ripping your skin off — there are little sugar beads that provide the gritty exfoliation feeling
- After about 10 seconds, you get that tingly menthol feeling which I LOVE
- You could wear it stand alone if you wanted – it just looks like your standard lip gloss (the sugar beads are hardly noticeable on your lips)
- If you don’t purposely rub it in, it stays on your lips for about an hour before completely absorbing
- It tastes sweet!
I was not expecting the color pop I got from this liquid lipstick! My kit included the color “Sentimental” which appears a bit tamer in the picture than it did on my actual lips. However, that was not necessarily a bad thing.
It comes in a tube with a little wand stick, similar to a lip gloss. The tube is pretty big – much larger than your average lip gloss tube. I say this because that seems to be a common theme with Younique makeup — they cost a bit more, but they seem to go a lot farther and last a lot longer, so I think the money evens out in the end.
And speaking of lasting longer, this baby lasted all. damn. day. I put it on at 12:30pm and did not reapply. Yet, even at 7pm as I was sitting at Urban Tree Cidery sipping on hard cider with my coworkers, my lips were still as bright as ever. Jenna even pointed out her amazement at how my lipstick still looked fresh even after eating and drinking.
Here’s what I noticed:
- The color is bold if you put it on thick. You can also tame it down by putting a few dabs on and spreading it out with a chapstick or balm of some sort (again, I’m addicted). After the chapstick is absorbed, it looks more like a lip stain than a lipstick.
- It lasts. And lasts. And lasts.
- Because it’s a liquid lipstick and not a dry matte, it does leave lip prints on cups and food (not abnormal for lip products but some people want something more dry)
- You can lick your lips without fear of a bad taste or makeup removal
Here’s a picture of me posted at around 9pm last night, 8 hours after my initial application (notice Jenna’s comment!)
Have you used either of these products before? What do you think?
Shop here: https://www.youniqueproducts.com/emilyfultz/